MARRIAGE PRAYERS - DAY 11 - INTIMACY

GENESIS 2:24

“Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and
hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”

Lord Jesus, we thank You that You have given us to each other in marriage and we pray that Your plan for us to be one flesh would be expressed in every area of life. Starting with our vows and commitments to each other, we pray for purity. We pray that we would honor each other completely and that we would put each other’s needs in front of our own. Lord, grow a trust relationship between us that would be unbreakable. We pray that when others look at us they would see You in us and a closeness in our union that doesn’t come from the world. Reveal any false intimacy in our relationship and replace it with exactly what You had in mind when You created us for each other. 

[Husband] 
Father, help me to love my wife like You love me and to give up even my life if You call me to do so. Until then, help me to die to any selfish way that would keep my wife from trusting and following me as I follow You.

[Wife] 
Lord, help me to respect my husband and trust that he has the good of our family in mind with every decision he makes. Help me to follow him as he follows You. Make us one as You are one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHO SHALL ASCEND

MARRIAGE PRAYERS - DAY 14 - OUR WORDS